Sunday, May 30, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Been makin' lots of obnoxious "blank is the new blank" proclamations as of late.
's an entire list are a couple more for good measure. (I got ahead of myself and ran out of juice)
- Fast forward 40 years & the Hoveys are the new Beales.
- Parody is the new luxury at DI$COUNT. Those ladies are super fresh & side splittingly clever.
- 70s New York Scenes by Robert Herman
- No, Edie, this is the best outfit for the day.
- Did you have one of these? Turn your head and cough.
- Suri may be the Antichrist, but she's pretty effing awesome.
- I want these Google Map Envelopes, like, yesterday.
- "How are you?" "I'm well, thanks."
- Name that horsie at Design Crisis' giveaway
- Delicious confessions over at MM
- I'm not sure what's going on at LYNN & HORST's ugly underwear contest, but I like it!
Happy Wednesday, I love you.
filed under desultory delights
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Did you have a good weekend?
mine = "baby jesus in silk pajamas" / gazapacho / figuring things out / open minds / surprise acquaintances / second chances / shel silverstein records / puffy calamari eyes from the time traveler's wife / undented research paper / neglected blackberry / hugs / kisses / general happiness / healing mom / "may be dead" rattlesnake adventures / cheap beer / new friends / old friends / record shaped green tea mousse cake with complete with grooves / departures / il papa figurines / vitamins / the suns / coche dury / tortilla chips / new unders / laughing out loud / sandwiches / babies who can't yet crawl / naps / rosemary mint shampoo / coffee / smiles / love
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Wishing R didn't sell his Rickenbacker years back, because now I want the exact same one. I've decided to switch from learning how to play a short scale to full scale-- partly because it's more bad ass, partly because it'll my ass look smaller.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
My friend hired me to design her daughter's nursery.
I thought I'd share a few of the mood boards that I came up with.
It feels so fucking amazing to do some creative shit again.
All of the furniture are kid sizes (adult prices)!
Too tired to source, sorry!
Please email me if you have any questions.
filed under design
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Friday, May 07, 2010
Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Some days I feel that the universe is showering me with hugs, kisses, & good fortune. The past few days have been like that. I'm so grateful for everyone/everything:
- Epic mail day yesterday that included: Dress from Jayne, gorgeous handmade bookmarks from even*cleveland (THANKS!!!) & my summer reading books! Poifect!
- Won a Rodarte for Target dress in the STOP IT RIGHT NOW giveaway for my mom! She was sick witha da shingles and through her pain she managed to shakily hold up a magazine and point to a picture of the dress. She asked me if I could get it for her, which in turn, broke my fucking heart because the magazine was months old and I had to tell her that they weren't for sale anymore. Mumsy is the most selfless person I know-- who never asks for a damn thing, and here she was... depressed, sick, suffering, and asking me for something I couldn't get for her. A few days later, while perusing one of my all time favorite blogs, I see that Jayne was giving away THE DRESS, in HER SIZE! Too poifect! Thanks, Jayne. I'm so grateful. I plan on surprising her with it tonight ♥
- Met a slew of interesting new friends at the Kentucky Derby event and somehow managed to win best dressed couple?! It may have been fixed since our hostess was a judge. Either way, I'm super jazzed on the prizes: a massive bottle of Julep Maker's Mark and 2 custom dress shirts. I've totally been wanting a sleek black dress shirt to wear with my skinny ties.
- Flowers from cute clients
- Six year anniversary with R coming up on Saturday. So lucky to be able to hang out with my best friend everyday.
- Speaking of space... another client of mine had her host-pathogen microgravity experiment fly on the Discovery mission STS-131!! She brought me back a custom patch and a NASA coin that was aboard Discovery. My mind is still reeling from the fact that I own shit that's been up in orbit. Nuts.
Okokok, enough mushiness for now. I like to keep tally of good things to remind myself that life is pretty fine when I'm feeling dark.
What are you grateful for today?