Wednesday, October 20, 2010
More treasures, uncovered.
My dad's mom's sister and her family.
She's tiny, feisty, and blind as a bat.
She wears wigs and blue eyeshadow.
She'll force feed you if you're not careful.
She lives on the 38th floor on Canal Street with her adult son (R).
The view from her window stretches all the way up to Central Park.
The same plastic from my childhood envelops her furniture.
It's yellowed over the decades and some corners have tears.
Her wedding photos hang on the sparse white walls.
Kleenex boxes and miscellany clutter the surfaces.
Last year, she turned 90 years old.
I asked her if she was going to have a big party and birthday cake.
She said no to the latter; the last time was over twenty years ago.
Her birthday cake had killed her diabetic husband (L).
She hasn't touched a stitch of cake since.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
I like things that look like other things. Like this Alexander Wang spiral notebook clutch, for example.
Please leave a comment (w/your contact info) below if you'd like to win a $100 shopbop.com gift certificate.
A winner will be selected at random on Halloween...spooky! What are you going to be for Halloween?
Friday, October 15, 2010
"When you work alone,
the only person to hate is yourself."
A monstrously huge cluster of galaxies lurks 7 billion light-years away. The cluster weighs in around 800 trillion suns and holds hundreds of galaxies, making it the most massive galaxy cluster ever found at such a great distance.
Tuesday, October 05, 2010
Life's littlest luxuries:
- drinking through straws, even though it gives you sphincter lips
- eating fast food on china with silverware
- leaving the last sip of orange juice
- using (Bounty) paper towels for napkins
- drinking straight from the bottle
- making ice cubes in a tray
- mixing savories and sweets
- crinkling the plastic on individually wrapped slices of cheese
- eating the entire package of something (anything!)
- drinking non-alcoholic beverages from wine glasses / champagne flutes / mint julep cups
- finding the crispy transparent french fry
- balling up the red wax on baby bells
- lifting the bowl of cereal milk to your lips
- eating in bed (shhh!)
Do you have any weird eating habits/likes?